Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Journal Excerpt 1

"If a child lives with approval, he learns to live with himself."

I want my children to be so used to hearing how smart, wonderful, special, handsome/beautiful they are that when they look in the mirror that's what they see. I don't want them to grow up criticizing their looks or abilities or overall value. I want them to be comfortable with who they are, and to realize how absolutely special they truly are.

Goal for today:
Today, make a point to hug your child at least 5 times and tell them something specific you love about them. Something about their personality, looks, an action they did, etc. I guarantee if you make a point to do this each day your kids will blossom. And don't let the number 5 hinder you...never let an opportunity pass to let your children feel valued.

1 comment:

Leave me a comment...let me know what you think!