Wednesday, June 1, 2011

What's Up with That?

"You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy."
-Arthur Ashe

My mom talked me into doing this 30 Day Challenge thing that's all about making goals, priorities, to-do lists,... that kind of thing. I guess. Today was my first day and I'm not too sure what to expect.

The lady who does the video talks for it said one thing that made me think. She said to think about these things: "What are your values? What's most important to you? What do you want people to know you for? What do you want people to remember you by?"

Well, those questions are easy enough answered. I could sit right here and rattle off to you the answer to each of those questions. But then I noticed a strange predicament.

The qualities I want to be known by, the person I want people to remember when I am gone, the things that are most important to me... these are the things I struggle the most with day in and day out. The things I cannot seem to conquer. The areas I feel tested in most.
Why is that?

"A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done." -Vince Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment...let me know what you think!